1. Our Policies
Dubai World Trade Center L.L.C. respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it. We provide this Privacy Notice to inform you of our privacy procedures and practices, including what information we collect about you, how we obtain your information and how we use your information.
For the purposes of this Privacy Notice "we", "our" and "us" refer to Dubai World Trade Center L.L.C., "this website" collectively refers to the dwtc.com website, its sub-domains and all other websites owned by Dubai World Trade Center and "you" and "your" refer to a specific individual accessing these websites, a visitor to any of our events, or exhibitors showcasing at our events.
2. Data collection and use
The information we may collect from you includes:
- information establishing your identity (for example, name, address, email address, date of birth, passport or Emirates ID);
- financial information (for example, credit card details);
- information relating to your use of this website (for example, domain name, IP address and cookies);
- information relating to your attendance at events at Dubai World Trade Center (such as records of attendance, feedback provided and attributable to you, images, audio and video captured, security data such as video recording);
- where you are an exhibitor or business partner, we may collect information relating to your staff or agents (such as name, contact details, proof of identity); and
- any information you independently choose to provide to us (for example, if you send us an email or call us).
3. How do we obtain your information
We may collect your information during the course of our relationship with you and will only use your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection law.
We may obtain this information from a variety of sources, including:
- from you (for example, when you access or purchase products or services from this website, send emails, attend or exhibit at our events, or otherwise provide us with your personal information);
- from suppliers; and
- from advertisers or marketing companies.
4. How we use your information
We may use or process your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with information about our products, goods, services and events and other information that we think may be valuable to you;
- where you are attending an event (as an exhibitor or a visitor) in the course of facilitating the delivery and management of the event;
- to personalise our services, products and content to you and your geographic region (including but not limited to advertisements and promotions);
- to respond to any queries, requests, or comments that you may have;
- to process your payments;
- to review, develop and improve the services which we offer; and
- to comply with legal obligations.
5. On what basis we use your information
We use your personal information on the following bases:
- for legitimate interests purposes. Using your personal information helps us to operate, improve and minimise any disruption to the products, goods and services that we may offer to you. We also have a legitimate interest in sending you information on the events and offerings we believe will be of interest to you;
- because the information is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or to take steps at your request to enter into a contract;
- because you have given your consent (if we expressly ask for consent to process your personal information, for a specific purpose); and
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
6. With whom do we share your information?
We will only disclose or transfer your personal information for the purposes set out in this notice to:
- third party service providers and sub-contractors who provide a service to us (including but not limited to marketing and advertising, data processing, IT and office services);
- any event partners for the purposes of registration and attendance; and
- any competent authorities if we are legally required to comply with a request for data.
7. Countries to which we transfer your information.
The information you submit may be transferred, stored and hosted outside of the United Arab Emirates or the country from which you may be accessing this website, and may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws or to countries where your privacy and other fundamental rights will not be protected as extensively. These and all other transmissions will remain secure and under our sole control.
We will implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information remains protected and secure when it is transferred outside your home country and you can exercise your rights effectively.
Cookies are small pieces of information that your browser stores on your computer when requested by a website.
We request your browser to store a cookie when you access this website and may request your browser to store one or more cookies when you make purchases, request or personalise information, or register yourself for certain services.
Unless you explicitly opt to store additional information, our cookies only contain one or more sequential computer-generated identifiers. The cookies that this website requests your browser to store are suffixed with "dwtc.com" and expire at the very latest after 365 days from the date on which they were last updated. Most browsers automatically store cookies by default, but you can choose to refuse or selectively accept to store certain cookies by adjusting the preferences in your browser. However, if your browser refuses to store cookies, some features of this website may not be available to you and some pages on this website may not display properly. You can find information on popular browsers and how to adjust your cookie preferences at the following websites:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/...
- Mozilla Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/...
- Google Chrome: www.google.com/chrome
Additionally, browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer feature The Platform for Privacy Preferences (P3P) technology, which gives you the ability to make informed choices about the use of your personal information online. P3P-enabled browsers can be configured to automatically accept or refuse to store cookies, based on whether a website's P3P compact policy file meets your privacy preferences. We will make every effort to provide a P3P compact policy file for each cookie that this website requests your browser to store.
9. Data retention
We will keep your data only for as long as is necessary to respond to any queries or complaints, to improve the services that we offer to you or to comply with any legal obligations to which we may be subject.
10. Your rights
Please contact us if you would like to:
- Access your data – request a copy of your personal information that we process about you;
- Rectify your data – request us to amend or update your personal information where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Erase your data – request us to delete your personal information where it is no longer necessary for the purpose(s) for which your information was originally collected;
- Restrict your data – request us temporarily or permanently to stop processing all or some of your personal data;
- Object to the use of your data – at any time, object to us processing your personal information where it is based exclusively on our legitimate interests (see above) or for direct marketing purposes;
- Receive or transmit your data in a machine-readable and structured format (otherwise known as "data portability") – request the receipt or transmission of your personal information to another organisation, in a structured and machine-readable format;
- Object to any automated decision-making – request us not to subject you to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect; and
- Withdraw your consent – withdraw your consent at any time to the use of your personal information for a particular purpose (where we have asked you for consent to use your information for that particular purpose).
For any of the above, please email us at [email protected] or send postal mail to the following address:
Dubai World Trade Center L.L.C.
P.O. Box 9292, Dubai, UAE
Subject to any overriding legal obligations, requirements and/or exemptions, we will endeavour to respond to your request within (30) days of receipt, unless we require further information from you. We may ask you to provide proof of your identity.
If you feel that we do not comply with applicable data protection and privacy rules, you may lodge a complaint with a competent data protection authority.
We are committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children's online activities and interests. We do not knowingly collect information from children and we do not target our websites to children.
We are committed to protecting the information you provide us. We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control, in accordance with applicable data protection laws. The security measures are designed to prevent unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information. SSL encryption is designed to make the information unreadable by anyone but us. This security measure is working when you see either the symbol of an unbroken key or closed lock (depending on your browser) on the bottom of your browser window. You should be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Although we strive to protect such information, we do not guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us over the Internet and you do so at your own risk. If you do not feel it is appropriate to send information electronically, please contact +971 (4) 3312000 for an alternative way of conducting business.
13. Privacy compliance
We are voluntarily committed to a Self-Assessment procedure. Data privacy legislation is subject to revision and we recommend that you regularly check our Policies.
Our websites may provide links to third-party websites for your convenience. If you access those links, you will leave our website. We do not control those websites or their privacy practices, which may differ from ours. We do not endorse or make any representations about third-party websites. This Privacy Notice does not cover the personal data you choose to give to unrelated third parties. We encourage you to review the privacy notice of any company before submitting your personal information. Some third-party companies may choose to share their personal data with us; that sharing is governed by that third-party company's privacy notice.
15. Notification of changes
We may be required to update or change our Privacy Notice from time to time. We will upload an updated Privacy Notice on this website. If there are any significant changes to the Privacy Notice (e.g. if we decide to use your personal information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected), we will notify you by way of an email.
16. Contacting us
This Privacy Notice sets out in broad terms how we handle your personal information and safeguard our privacy. If you have any questions relating to our Privacy Notice send postal mail to the following address:
The Data Officer,
Dubai World Trade Center L.L.C.
P.O. Box 9292, Dubai, UAE
Telephone: +971-4-3321000, Fax: +971-4-3312173
Our team will contact you soon regarding your enquiry.